Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Another one of the joys of IF

Today I learned the harsh reality of Infertility coverage by most insurance companies....there isn't much. I called my insurance company to see if I needed to get a prioritization for my consultation next week and she said all consultations and testing to see if I am infertile is covered but ZERO fertility treatments are covered. She said they are not covered because the treatments are not medically necessary to have a child. I responded with well wait there are conditions that may make them medically necessary and her response was that they are not the only way to have a child and that there is always adoption. I wanted to fucking throat punch her. She was super defensive too and kept saying now wait mam you didn't let me finish. I have worked in medical billing and I know the harsh reality of insurance companies but at least be a little sympathetic about it. I started to go through my benefits book and i am just amazed that they will pay for weight loss surgery and rehab. Are you fucking kidding me if i chose to get fat you will pay to help me loose weight or if I choose to start smoking crack you would pay for me to go to rehab and help me stop that but will not pay for help to have a child if other conditions make the difficult. Infertility is such a bitch. 




No comments:

Post a Comment